6th Grade Communications Rotation - Class Information
This is an 8-week course designed to introduce students to some basic computer technology. The focus is on the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint) as well as learning to search and use the web effectively. The class will work on a long-term multimedia project that incorporates video, interviews, digital photography, writing, research, and design. In addition, students will do daily touch keyboarding practice.
- Students are expected to abide by all computer lab rules (clearly posted in the lab), show up to class on time, and work the entire period in a respectful manner.
- Students will be using expensive digital photo and video cameras, computers, and other technology. Students are responsible for taking care of these items when they are using them. Students may be held financially responsible for damaged equipment due to negligence.
- The Internet may be used for class projects and only with instructor's permission. Students need to be aware of Sandia Prep's "Acceptable Use Policy."
- Each student should be sure to save work in his/her network folder. Careful management of this folder is a must. Grades will be posted anonymously once per week. Students are responsible for their own grades!
- All students are required to purchase a "flash" or "thumb" drive to be used as a backup saving device. These are available at the school store and at most office supply and computer stores.
General Grading Policy:
Each assignment & typing test is worth 100 points. Scoring for the assignments will be as follows:
90-100 (A), 80-89 (B), 70-79 (C), 60-69 (D), and below 60 (F).
Keyboarding will be practiced daily with typing tests given regularly. To receive an "A" for the keyboarding portion
of the class, a student needs to type at least 20
wpm with 90% or better accuracy.
More information on grades is provided on the assignment page. Go there.